IBM are looking for a Data Specialist. Their Data Science team members will have exposure to full data lifecycle across the entire Data Stack (Data Prep -> Reporting -> Visualisation -> Predictive and Behavioural Analytics).
As a member of our core Data and Analytics team you will be responsible for:
- Interpreting and documenting business requirements
- Creating designs aligned with the specified requirements
- Implementing the designs using a range of Data technologies and tooling
- Designing and implementing tests to verify and validate designs
- Presenting outputs internally and to clients
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understanding of database design concepts
- ETL development experience
- Preparation of data-sets for analysis
- Familiarity with some of the relevant technologies and tooling: e.g. SQL, ETL (Datastage, Informatica) R, SPSS, Python, Cognos, Tableau, Watson /AI
- Ability to interpret business requirements and map to technical requirements and design.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Data-modeling experience (Predictive, Behavioural, Cognitive)
- Project team leadership and / or working as part of a team
- Software development/test lifecycle
- Project estimation
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.